Beeswax Reusable Food Wrap
Save Money and Have Fun with a Dee's Bees Beeswax Reusable Food Wrap
Perhaps you've heard of a beeswax reusable food wrap and the many advantages it provides over plastic wrap. Beeswax food wraps are made from pure cotton fabric infused with a unique beeswax blend to give it a stiff, clingy texture that holds its shape when wrapped around food, sealed over bowls, and otherwise used to contain or cover food. At Dee's Bees, we supply a wide variety of beeswax wraps and bags to suit all your lunch packing needs.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Plastic or Fabric Food Wraps
Storing food properly can help keep your foods fresher and tastier for a longer period. It's frustrating when food goes rancid sooner than you were expecting it. You can avoid waste by avoiding some of the common mistakes people make regarding food storage.
- Improper wrapping. Air and moisture are your food's two worst enemies when it comes to spoilage. You can avoid both by wrapping your food correctly. Make sure that lids and caps are secure and that resealable bags are closed tightly with as much air as possible removed first. When using food wraps, overlap the seams and fold securely.
- Leaving items in store packaging. Although the original wrapping in which your food was sold may appear securely tightened, there could be a slightly loose flap or holes you can't see that would expose your food to air. It's advisable to remove foods that come in flimsy plastic packaging and replace the wrapping with beeswax food wrap.
- Using containers that are too large. If your container is too large for the food you're storing, the extra space at the top could lead to freezer burn or faster spoilage. You should match the size of the container with the amount of food inside as closely as possible, leaving just a small amount of space for liquids such as sauces or soups that might expand.
Benefits of Beeswax DIY Reusable Food Wrap
If you're looking for easy ways to be less wasteful, the DIY food wrap is an excellent option. Here are a few of the advantages of choosing a DIY beeswax sandwich wrap over a plastic bag the next time you pack your lunchbox.
- They save you money. Beeswax wraps can last through an entire year of regular use. That means that they can save you a significant amount of money that you would otherwise spend on plastic wrap and other disposable food wraps and containers.
- They help keep your food fresh for longer. Plastic wrap may be easy to use and durable - but it's not breathable, an essential quality in a food wrap. Plastic can cause fresh foods to wilt faster, while beeswax is a natural barrier that's breathable and helps fresh foods stay that way for longer.
- They have antimicrobial properties. Just like honey, beeswax has antibacterial properties that can help protect your food and your family alike. A food wrap that's naturally antimicrobial can keep things cleaner and reduce your chances of getting sick.
- They make fantastic gifts. Are you looking for the perfect gift item for someone you know? Handmade extra-large beeswax wraps make lovely gifts because they're suitable for everyone and they're made by you, showing that you put time and effort into your gift.
- They help reduce waste. Waste is a significant problem for the environment and local wildlife - particularly plastic waste. If you're looking for a sustainable alternative to single-use plastic, beeswax food wraps are for you. Every piece of single-use plastic you don't use is a step toward a healthier planet.
About Dee's Bees
At Dee's Bees, we love bees and the many ways they help us. Our reusable beeswax food wraps are a superb product made from pure cotton fabrics in the largest range of patterns available. You'll be surprised when you see how much fresher the right wraps can keep your food and how much time and money you can save on food waste, shopping for disposable food wraps, and replacing food that's gone bad before it should have. Contact Dee's Bees today with any questions and get ready to fall in love with DIY beeswax food wraps.