Beeswax Wrap Kit in NZ
Choosing a Beeswax Wrap Kit in NZ Made Simple
Did you know that you could practically cut single-use plastic wrap out of your life by purchasing a beeswax wrap kit in NZ? Beeswax wraps, a type of cloth coated with safe, all-natural waxes and resins including beeswax, are the perfect alternative to the more wasteful traditional solution. At Dee's Bees, we make it simple to not only purchase premade wraps but to make your own too.
Why Should You Start Using Beeswax Wraps in NZ?
Why should you give up plastic products in favour of a beeswax wrap? We like to point to three reasons in particular:
- It's one of the simplest and easiest ways to reduce your level of plastic consumption. Plastic food wraps are a serious source of waste. Think about it: you wrap a bowl or some leftovers one time, remove the plastic, and immediately discard it into the trash. How much plastic have we sent straight to landfill by relying on these products? With Dee's Bees' food wraps in NZ, you can reduce your reliance on these products.
- They're incredibly versatile and ideal for more than covering bowls. Use our beeswax wraps in New Zealand for packaging a child's lunch for school, or as a way to stash some leftover fruit in the fridge for later. All you need to do when you're done is give it a quick wash, and your wrap will be refreshed and ready for use once again.
- They're more fun than plastic wrap! Even the DIY beeswax wraps we offer in NZ afford you limitless options. Visit your favourite local fabric store and ask to see a selection of "pure cotton" patterns.
How to Use DIY Beeswax Wraps in NZ
Thinking about purchasing one of the DIY kits? It's enjoyably simple to make your own — plus you get the satisfaction of making something with your own hands. Here's a quick run-down of how it works:
- Order one of our "Do It Yourself" kits or purchase the beeswax blend blocks separately for use with your own pure cotton fabric. Dee's Beeswax blocks contain everything you need to create a food-safe wrap that is pliable and easy to use. Every block contains the same ingredients you'll find on the other beeswax food wraps in NZ we sell pre-made. Set up a clean workspace. You will need a few additional materials besides what's contained in the kit as outlined in our full-colour instructional booklet.
- Deposit wax shavings onto a cotton wrap placed on a baking sheet. Each block lets you create many wraps before you need to replenish your stock. Be sure to achieve good coverage over the surface of the cotton.
- Bake! It's that easy — place the tray into a 100°C oven for just a few minutes, then remove and gently lift your wrap from the sheet. The waxes will harden and solidify again inside the cotton in no time, and that's all there is to the process. Now you have handy food wraps in fun and funky patterns to use at home, in school, or at work.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Beeswax Wraps
Want to ensure your spend goes as far possible? Try these tips:
- Choose the right size — or explore how to use our DIY kits to make custom wraps as large or as small as you need for your purposes.
- Avoid wrapping anything that is still warm or covering a hot dish with one of the wraps. Always wait for food to cool first. Otherwise, you'll find yourself with a sticky situation as the heat melts the beeswax inside the cotton cloth. Though an easy fix, it's best to be patient.
- Clean your wraps thoroughly and keep crumbs and other food particles from sticking for too long. A quick wipe with a damp sponge is often enough for an easy clean, but you can scrub sticky residues and stains away just as easily. When done washing, simply allow the excess water to drain off, then air dry the wrap completely.
About Dee's Bees
We've been keeping bees for nearly a decade and a half now, and we're excited to provide our products to a wider audience. As a locally-based business in NZ, our beeswax wraps rely solely on products we source ourselves, including the wax that comes from our own hives. There's no easier way to control quality than to do it yourself, after all! Give us a ring to learn more about our wraps and how to use them.