Covid-19 Status and Operational Updates for Dee's Bees
24 March 2020, 9.28 pm
The short version:
- Dee's Bee is currently OPEN for online orders in New Zealand.
- To minimise any potential for exposure, we will limit courier pickups to MONDAY and THURSDAY each week during the lockdown.
- We will NOT send international orders, or to PO boxes in New Zealand during the lockdown, as that would require me to leave home.
- If availability of courier services changes (eg if the government limits couriers to essential goods handling only), any unshipped orders at that point will be offered a full refund or a later shipping date.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and I'm doing my best to stay current and correct. Our courier systems may struggle with demand and have to prioritise essential goods, which could mean delays in deliveries, so please be patient. Expect delivery to take up to a week, rather than our usual few days.
The long version:
On 25 March, New Zealand goes into a four week lockdown in a bid to eliminate Covid-19.
As at today, information from government websites, our courier Aramex and Retail NZ all agree that I will be able to continue operating and couriering out orders during the lockdown.
Although our products are not part of the essential good/services category, the following means I can keep operating:
- our business is fully self-contained at our home address, and I am the only staff member.
- my courier is legally able to continue picking up from my address and delivering orders, and we have a contactless pickup.
In terms of incoming exposure to our business, there really isn't any. I have a large stock of fabric and wax ingredients, which should be more than enough to see us through the month.
In terms of limiting risks from products going out:
- Apologies to my international customers, but I will NOT be shipping orders internationally during the lockdown. Pre-lockdown I shipped international orders several days each week, which necessitates a trip into town to the post shop each time. To support the lockdown I'm going to eliminate that exposure by not shipping internationally for now.
- On the same basis, apologies also to those who use PO Boxes - I will not be shipping to PO Boxes in New Zealand for the duration of the lockdown.
- For the rest of my customers (which is the majority of you) using courier/rural delivery, I will reduce courier pickups from five days a week to just two - Monday and Thursday. This cuts potential exposures between Shiv (my Aramex driver) and I by 60%, and lowers his workload during this high pressure time.
- We already operated a contactless pickup before Covid was even a word - obviously this will continue, with increased hygiene measures as well.
I will update this page with any changes as they happen. Please feel free to phone me on 06 876 8852 if you want further info or clarification.
Thank you for your support, and your patience throughout the lockdown.
Stay safe, stay warm, and for heaven's sake, stay home.